Friday, March 28, 2008

Our newest find

So yesterday I laid Bradley down for his nap, like I always do and I went to go get ready. I heard him talking to himself and coughing which is normal until he goes to sleep. Well after an hour I am getting ready to leave the house and I ask Bryan to just go get him, since he hasn't fallen asleep yet and I didn't want him to sleep all evening and then not sleep at night. So when Bryan went into Bradley's bedroom this is what he found...




He never plays in his room and so I think he knew he shouldn't be playing at that time and that is why he was so quiet and not screaming to get out.


So later that day this is what his bed looks like now...



We made a big deal about him getting a big boy bed and getting to sleep in a big boy bed. I had no idea how to transition him from a crib to a bed, so I just figured that since he hadn't had a nap he would be extremely tired and not fight it to bad. He also can't open the doors yet so I figured worst case scenario he throw a fit and end up asleep on the floor. So since he didn't get a nap I put him to bed at 6:30 and he cried a little but not more than usual. At 6:45 I went in to check on him and he was laying there awake just sucking his thumb. So I patted his back and walked out. Then about 11 he started freaking out and I went in there and he was standing in his bed screaming. He had pooped and has really really really bad diaper rash (any suggestions on a cure would be helpful, cream isn't working), so as soon as I walked in he said "bum ouuuu" over and over. He tries to say ouch but can't get the ch out. So after I changed him and gave him a little water relief in the bath tub, he went right back to sleep and is still sleeping and it is now 8:45 am. That's right, he takes after his father, he is still asleep over 12 hours!!!




2 comments:

marcia@joyismygoal said...

poor boy-- i always just used Desitin the bed is cute
that was fun going for ice cream i haven't done that in ages

Cherie said...

That is so cute that he's in a big boy bed!! I don't know if this will work or not, but for one of Brody's diaper rashes his Dr. told me to mix this anti-fungal medication called clotrimazole cream (they apparently use this for athletes foot) with desitin or balmex. Sounds really weird, I know, but it cleared it right up! And it was his worst one! Maybe worth a try. Just buy it over the counter by the foot creams. I hope you guys are doing well!! :)