Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Disney Pics

Disney world was so much fun!!!! My family did it the right way, they stayed at a Disney hotel which was amazing and they had a meal plan which worked out wonderfully. It was a huge money saver and it allowed us to do alot of the more expensive dinners and lunches that we would not have done, if we were paying cash for. Thanks mom!!!! So my camera is a video camera and doesn't take very good still pictures, but my mom and sister took a lot of pictures so I will hopefully get theirs from them and will post more.


The first night Bradley and I arrived was my nephews 10th birthday and we went to Chef Mickeys. All the main characters came around to your table and it was so much fun.


One day we went to an early dinner in Epcot at the German Pavilion restaurant. It was a surprise for my dad. He loves the German pavilion (it's the dark beer and it's where he was born). The show was amazing but Bradley woke up from his nap in an odd mood. This is the look we got from him until his chocolate milk arrived. The boy drank more chocolate milk than you would think was possible. The dinner came with a show and it was amazing. These two guys played these huge horn things and it was so cool.



We stayed at the Animal Kingdom Lodge and I don't have pictures but when I get some I will post. Everyone morning we would wake up and look out at the balcony and there would be giraffes, Giselle's, some African horned animal and these really cool birds.


Generally everyone we ran into was really nice and friendly. Some people where grumpy, but it was super hot and the humidity was incredible. My sister made friends with a worker at one of the parades and he said that the best time to go is in November, he said the parks are practically empty. Another trick we learned is that you need a wheelchair. My sister had broke her foot a while back and couldn't walk very long or far so we rented a wheelchair and it helps with the wait in lines. Also when you have to park the stroller we where able to put Bradley on her lap so waiting in line with him was easier too. All Disney employees where very nice and accommodating for the wheelchair, they have made it very handicap friendly and the seating at the shows is better if you have wheelchair. I did a lot of pushing of the wheelchair which wasn't fun but it was worth it. My nephew even sat her lap for some of the ride.

Bradley does amazing in the car and I have learned that if I put him in a porta crib then he will sleep just fine in a hotel room. My car is filthy but it was so much fun that I would totally do it again. I have never driven that far and I really don't mind driving. We will definitely do Disney World again now that I know we can drive it.






4 comments:

marcia@joyismygoal said...

WHat a Great way to see the World--- Disney World that is:)

Colleen said...

Looks like you guys had so much fun! I bet Bradly loved all the characters! He always gets so excited when he sees Mickey when he's with me! I'm glad you are back!

Cherie said...

I can't wait to see more pictures! I'm glad you guys had such a fun time. I know we experienced the same humidity and I don't know what would ever possess someone to live there. Yuck! I hope you guys are doing well and I'm going to call you soon!! :) We miss you guys!

Lana said...

we stayed at the animal kingdom lodge last summer and I loved it! It was so fun.
I agree, the meal plan is the way to go.
I'm so glad you guys had so much fun. There is so much to do there that after a week I felt like we hadn't seen it all! which is good, now we can go back some day.