I was able to meet up with a teacher I had my junior year of high school. She is probably the world's greatest teacher and I am not exaggerating. She came out to California from South Dakota and definitely changed my life and I know so many others at our school. She literally walked me through the college admission process and the financial aid process. She taught English (which is my absolute worst subject) and was so patient and understanding with me. There were 6 cheerleaders in our class and we had her first period so she definitely had the chatty group of girls. Not to mention Bryan and I dated during this time and he was our class aide. She also got to deal with that and our breakup. She also let us have a lot of fun and would let us miss on Friday's to go to breakfast with the football players and wouldn't mark us absent as long as we came in at lunch and took our vocab test. She is one of those teachers that never gave up on me when I would turn in a really crappy paper that I honestly thought was an A+ paper. She really did care for us. Her brother came out and visited her and we became great friends. I had been out several times to South Dakota to visit and hadn't seen her in about 5 years. She was in Dallas visiting a college friend and I got to meet up with her. She has two adorable little boys but I couldn't get all 3 of the boys to get together and take a picture.
So I am in the process of making more hair bows and am trying some other styles.
Here are a couple that I did tonight. The pictures aren't great so I need to figure that out. The center of these bows have rhinestones in them and they aren't photographing well.

I am going to start selling hair bows and custom burp clothes on Etsy at some point, but am not at that point yet to put pictures online. But if anyone wants them, I will custom make them to match an outfit or just with colors that you want.
6 comments:
I have been toying with the idea of you and I starting a first monday booth...??? what do you think?
I'm in. I totally want to get into the first monday scene. I am already planning on a craft fair in March in Plano. You are more than welcome to join in that one. I thought I would see how that goes and then do first monday.
The bows look good and Heidi looks great.
cute bows! Took me a second to figure out it was you! Thanks for the crock liner idea! I had No idea they made those! That makes me heart it more!!!
Cute bows! You need to get together with my girls & start a "bow-tique!" They are pretty crafty. Hope you don't mind that I added your blog to my family friend list...since we go way back, it's been fun peekin in. Hope you are hangin in there...those last few weeks/days are the worst, huh? hugs to you.
Those are totally cute... I love 'em!
Post a Comment