I am not a big fan of making New Years Resolutions. I think if you are going to change your life any day is a good day to start, but I have made some this year and to help me keep them I am posting them here. I don't think many people read this so I am going to honest in how things are going just so I can keep track.
Bryan and I have decided that for 2010 we are going to run a marathon. It is something that we know will be hard but we are going to do it. We have a training schedule that will take us up to the marathon. We are going to run the San Antiono Rock N Roll Marathon in November. Today was the first day to incorporate some running our training and I ran a mile without stopping. This probably easy for most, but I have not run a mile straight since 2001 and I was a lot younger and 60 pounds lighter. It felt really good and I didn't even think I was really going to die. I thought for a moment I might fall off the treadmill, but I didn't.
I want to loose 52 pounds. Why 52, it's one pound a week for a year. I could actually stand to loose a little more than 52 but it sounded like a good number. I figure between the marathon training and the new eating lifestyle I am adopting it should be obtainable.
I am going more "green" in my house. I am taking baby steps but have gotten cleaning products and laundry detergent that is earth friendly. The cleaning products I am actually using are better then the Chlorox Bleach Clean Up I was using and it doens't stain my clothes or take the paint off my table. We are also eating more organic and more natural. It is more expensive but I think it is worth it.
I also plan on building my business too. This will be a little more tricky than expected at first but I am working on it.
I am also determined to budget and stick to it. Each year I do really good with money until like October and then it seems to go crazy. This year I am determined to end the year with no additional debt. We don't have much, so I am planning not on increasing it any. I actually think the marathon will be easier than this!
So here is to a great 2010.
7 comments:
I'm not a fan of resolutions, either...
A marathon? That is awesome! I think it's great that you are going to do it together! Good luck!
good luck girlie!!!
Wow! You are ambitious! Good luck with these goals...let me know if you need a good "cheerleader." :)
I think you have made practical, obtainable resolutions! Good for you!
good plan!! you can do it!!
Posting your goals is a great way to stick to them! I'm excited for you guys to do the marathon that is an AWESOME goal!
Great goals!
You can do it!!
Post a Comment