Friday, February 4, 2011

Global What?

For those of us in Texas, global warming doesn't exist.  On last Saturday is was around 70 degrees.  We had Lori's family and Keri in the for the week so we went to the stockyards and I wore capris, short sleeve t-shirt and flip flops.  We didn't get any pictures of the kids playing but they had a blast.  All our company left on Sunday and then on Tuesday we woke up to this.

 

When I woke up there was no power.  Luckily we had bought a 1/4 cord a wood a couple weeks ago and hadn't really used any of it, so I started to prepare for a long outage.  About 30 min later the power came back on and the news said they were doing scheduled rolling black outs and they should only last 15 min at a time.  We had one more during the day that lasted abut 40 min.  It wouldn't have been bad, but it was so cold outside that within 10 min of our heater being off our house was freezing.  Luckily I had already gotten all the snow clothes we need to go to Idaho with so I bundled the kids up and we went outside to play.  Bradley really wanted to play in the snow.  He would have stayed out there all day, but Alex and I got cold after a while.



This is Bradley making a snow angel. 

Well today is Friday and we were supposed to get under 1 inch of snow last night.  We got more than 2 and it snowed pretty heavy for a while in the late morning.  Hopefully when the sun comes out the ice will melt.

No comments: