August 8, 2009
4:11 PM
8 lbs 2.2 oz
20.6 inches
I went into the hospital to be induced at 7 am. My mom and I got there a little early because I overestimated the traffic at 6:30 in the morning. They started the pitocen at about 8:20 and shortly after that broke my water. I got an epidural and everything was going smooth. We had set up with a babysitter to be at our house at 3 so Bryan could then come down. He was staying with Bradley and getting some things done around the house. We thought it would be a much longer day than it was. A little before 3 I was dilated to a 5 and not much was going on. A little while later I started to get some really intense pain in my hip even with the epidural. So the nurse checked me a little before 4 and I was already dilated to 10 and ready to push. She called the Dr to come in and we called Bryan to see where he was. Luckily Bryan was parking the car. I pushed once with out Bryan there, then when Bryan got there I pushed again. During the 2nd push the Dr was on her way. So on the 3rd push the nurse stopped me mid way because the Dr wasn't there yet and Alex was coming. I was totally numb which was really nice but I kept feeling just a little pressure. The Dr came in and quickly got ready and Alex was on her way out. While Alex was coming out, the room suddenly got serious and the Dr starting calling for instruments. I was oblivious to how serious the situation was, all I new is that the cord was cut by the Dr before Alex was even all the way out. Apparently the cord was wrapped around Alex's neck and was super tight and Alex was just limp. Before I new what was happening they had called the NICU nurses in and they were working on Alex while I was just trying to see. I did see her for one second and she looked blue to me, but it was across the room. Thank God for hospitals and their quick response because they worked on her in my room and got her breathing. She was not crying for the longest time and I know my mom and Bryan saw way more than I did.
This birth couldn't have been more different than Bradley's. We are very grateful that everything is ok with Alex and the Dr's and nurses were so good to us and very helpful.
Alex looks a lot like Bradley did, except he has my olive skin. She has a good amount of dark hair, but her eybrows are white, so we will see what happens when her hair gets longer.
So here are the pictures...
13 comments:
OMGosh, how scary!!! She is so pretty! Especially with her beautiful bows! What a blessing that everything turned out fine! Bradley looks so excited to be a big brother!
she is beautiful!! I am so glad everything turned out great! Enjoy:)
wow It touches my heart to see and hear that I had a similar experience I am so glad all went well and she is home and happy :)and so cute
Congratulations! So precious!
CONGRATULATIONS!!! She is so gorgeous. I am glad it all turned out okay, since that is majorly scary!
She really does look like Bradley - I think she looks a ton like you too! That sounds like an intense birth, thank goodness everything worked out. Congratulations!
Wow scary to say the least. Thank goodness she is healthy! She is so cute I can't wait to see her in person!
Now the fun begins. She is too cute for words. Congrats!!
LOVE the bows...but Im a fan of bows...
Im so thankful for the time we live in and the technology and hopsitals to help our babies... Im thankful to hear everything turned out just fine and you have your baby girl home with you now!!
Congratulations! I am so happy you have a healthy little girl.
Congratulations on such a sweet blessing in your life. I love how Bradley is sitting next to Alex's car seat with a specially cute look on his face as if to say, "I have a new baby sister and you don't!" Hugs and kisses - Aunt Cathy
Congrats, Katy - our daughter Leah had a little girl on 8/6/09...they are probably friends! :) Enjoy & try to get some rest!
How exciting.. She is so cute. I'm with yo hospitals are great and I'm glad that we have them and Dr's, I think this ia a common issue Brett was like that too... Everyone comes running fast to make sure everyone is good. Glad that you guys are all doing good.
Post a Comment