Monday, February 8, 2010

Update on the other night

I was outside taking pictures of the Lexus because we are selling it, anyone want a car, and a car pulled with a mom and girl in it.  I immediatly recognized them from the other night and the mom was at the next door neighboors asking about her daughters friends cell phone.  I am not sure why all these people are worried about getting this little girl her cell phone back, if it was my child the cell phone could stay lost and the service would be disconnected.  But anyway, she came over and asked me if I was the one with the baby, I said yes and she apologized for her daughters actions and started asking me some questions.   I answered honestly and told her what I saw.  She said that she had taken her daughter to the hospital that night and they did the rape kit and blood/drug screening.  She said that the girls told them that they meet the boys to talk and the boys told the cops that they were there to have sex.  She then thanked me for the calling the cops because she felt that if things had kept going like they were her daughter would have been raped.  She seemed pretty upset by the whole situation, and her daughter ducked down in the car the whole time.  While we were talking I asked where they live and she said just the neighboorhood behind mine.  So we figured out a timeline and the girls had only been gone from her house for less than 15 min.  I will never know why they picked my house to park in front of but I am glad I did.  I couldn't imagine being taken advantage of like that and what trauma and scars that would have left. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

wow what a crazy night! I have two dogs, and i'm pretty sure if anyone tried to jump our fence they wouldn't get anything but a competiton to see whichone would get pet the most... haha. Now a german speaking dog... thats a good idea!