So we are the lucky owners of a house that have both our cable companies and the phone companies little towers in our back yard. They are both housed in different corners of our lawn and get dug up pretty often. It usually doesn't bother me because the workers are always polite and are usually pretty quick and don't ever make a big hole. But ..... then there was last week. On Monday there phone company came out and did some work, left a small hole over night but no big deal on Tuesday they were done. On Tuesday the cable company came out and they started digging, digging, digging, and more digging. Now I do let Bradley play outside sometimes but when there are workers or holes in my yard I won't. On Wednesday workers came out and I thought it would be complete, jokes on me. They put up a temporary fence and that is all they did. As you can see in the pictures it was a joke, a good wind would have knocked it over, and at the sight of the fence I was mad and was sick of being nice and called the company to complain and get it finished. I ended up talking to a gal named Mindy who said the will be there on Thursday to finish it. So on Thursday they came back and continued to dig. I got frustrated about 3:45 when they left and started calling the Mindy to get some answers. The final answer I got was "the hole probably looks like a grave, I will put you on the schedule for first thing Friday morning, the part isn't in yet but it will be complete by 10." I agreed, but was still I was tempted to fill it in myself. Well 10 am comes Friday morning and I still have a hole. At 9:30 guys started showing up and digging it deeper and bigger. By 11:30 all I could see was the top of a full grown mans head popping out of the hole, and by noon there was not a worker in site. So again at 3:00 I called the company back and talked to Mindy who said she would send a crew back out to finish (we are now on a first name basis). So by the time I got home from picking Bryan up at the airport, my hole was filled. Here are some pictures. You can't really tell how deep it is, but if I were to have fallen in, I would not have been able to get out.
4 comments:
Oh man I would be so mad! Yuck. Hopefully you won't continue to have problems like that.
hey I didn't know you had a blog!! I'm glad you found mine so now I can read yours!!!!
How horrible about that hole. I don't think that temporary fence does much. What a pain!
BTW: I love the picture of your fam on the side from you at Christmas. SOOOOOOOOOOO cute!
Oh that's a terrible story! I think I would've thrown one of the workers in the hole and then filled it in! Wow, I'm glad Mindy got that taken care of for you :)
Post a Comment