So I first want to start off by saying I had a great time last night at dinner. Thanks to everyone who went.
Now... (just venting so if you don't want to hear it stop reading)
Everything in life seems to be falling apart. A few months ago our personal laptop charger broke. So we replaced it. Then a week ago the laptop stopped working all together. Not a big deal we do have a desktop and Bryan has a laptop for work. Mainly an inconvenience because all my stuff is saved on the laptop. So since I start school in September I wanted a new laptop. Needless to say we have been looking but figured it would be easier to fix the one we have. I am also on our second new charger for the laptop. The first one was a generic one that didn't work for very long either. Now we think the battery is fried and I am not totally convinced that the new charger is working very well either, but I was able to get enough power using the new charger to get all my pictures off the laptop. I figured it out and a new battery is $150 and the second new charger we got was $90. Who would have thought a battery would be so much. I was hoping I could just pop some AA's in there and it would work. I seriously need a computer guy. Bryan knows some about computers but mainly about software. When it comes to the hardware we are total dorks. So I got on the desktop to do some stuff and now it isn't working. The screen gets these crazy lines and it is hard to see. Hoping it is just the monitor we(Bryan actually) plugged the monitor into his work laptop and it was just fine. So we definitely think it is an actual computer problem. Which sucks because computers are way more expensive then monitors. Also I was cleaning the bathroom and Bryan's sink isn't keeping the water running. The cold handle will turn the water on for about 2 seconds and then stop. We have double sinks so again not a big problem but of course the worst things pop into my head, like there is a pipe broke under our house and our foundation is getting ruined. So lets just say in our life when it rains it pours with problems.
On the bright side, we found a great pest control company. Super super nice people and it was a great deal (Bryan negotiated). While the guy was in our house he asked Bryan if we were LDS and Bryan said yes and come to find out so is he. He saw our proclamation to the family and wondered. I never really thought that people noticed what was on our walls but apparently they do. We are getting more services with him than we did with our old company and it is only about $5 more a month. If anyone wants the information let me know. They are small company so we actually dealt with one of the owners. I really like that they are small so you know who is coming into your house. Also our cable bill was messed up so I called and got negotiating with them. I am usually not good at that (probably why I didn't work out as a loan officer) but I got our cable down to $89.99 from $189.99. That includes our cable (all movie channels and dvr), phone (free long distance), and Internet. I didn't realize how you could just keep asking for lower and sooner or later I got a person that would do it. I only had to threaten to change companies once and the guy promised a year contract. Oh and by the way we now have a fax machine so if anyone needs to fax something let me know. I am sure most of you have one, but we didn't. I was having to use the place a couple stores down from Albertsons or office depot in Lake Worth but it was getting expensive. So when my dad was out here, he put the phone line in our office for us.
Also I have started working out with a personal trainer at her house. It is amazing and I am really starting to see results in my arms. I am starting to see some definition. I am still going to the gym but it is nice to get some one on one attention. She even helps with my nutrition. I do the pilates reformer machine and water aerobics at her house. I take Bradley and she has a daughter who is Red Cross certified to babysit and she watches him and plays with him. She even takes him swimming when we are doing water aerobics. Bradley loves her and is always excited to go. He doesn't like to go swimming but she gets him in and works on his kicking or lets him play in the hose or just chase the birds. She is a great babysitter, we have started using her at our house now too.
I have some new pictures of Bradley and my nephew to post, but Bryan's work computer's cdrom drive doesn't work and the pictures are on a cd. So when we get our computer problems fixed I will post.
OMG, that was a long post. Sorry :(
3 comments:
aside from your computer problems, sounds like things are going well for you guys! Don't you love when you feel like you are getting a good deal? Cell phone companies and TV/int/cable companies are always willing to lower their price if you threaten to leave. Hope things keep getting better for you guys!!
I know how it can feel sometimes like everything is going wrong at the same time. I know this may sound trite, or not what you want to hear, but in my experience, my feeling that way has turned out to be Satan trying to pull me down and get me to give up. Coming from my background, that was usually not a difficult thing for him to do, but I found that when I stuck through it and even forced myself to do things like go to church or read my scriptures, I was amazed at the blessings that poured into my life.
I am the last person who you'll usually hear spouting out church doctrine - not because it isn't true, but because I used to hate it when people did that to me, and I am so stubborn, I'd always be like "Whatever" or "Yeah, yeah, yeah" in my head. Apparently I like to do things the hard way first, then get compeltely humbled, but that is just me, lol.
Anyway, take it for what its worth. I hope thigns get better for you, and I hope you know if you ever need to talk or just get out of the house you are always welcome to call or come over. You dont' even need to give me any notice! I know what you are going through and it isn't easy!
Did you try what Steve suggested? Did it make any sense? If you still need some more help let us know. He does this stuff all the time and he can sure find out what is wrong even if it takes a while. Let me know.
Post a Comment