Wednesday, May 20, 2009

People are ...

all about themselves and it's annoying.

So this is going to be a long story and it is just me ranting.

While waiting for our flight at DFW yesterday I found a spot to sit were Bradley could run around a little and climb on the chairs. He was having a great time and we were out of the way and he was contained. Well a few people had come and sat around us, but were very nice and didn't sit in any of the chairs he was climbing on or tackling. Well Bradley was standing on the two chairs, with the arm rest between his legs and it was the seats that were right next to me and this lady came and sat down in a seat that one of his legs were in. When he started to whine to me, she looked at him and said "did i take your seat" I so bad wanted to make a smart ass comment back, because I was irritated with her, but I was nice and just told Bradley to play on another chair. She then had the audacity to put her coffee and her muffin on the other chair, which was really Bradley's seat because it was right next to me. I know people around noticed, so I just tried to be really nice and keep Bradley from spilling HER drink. I work really hard to keep Bradley from kicking the seat in front of him on the airplane. But I was hoping that the rude lady would sit in front of him and I was going to let him kick the crap out of her chair. I know not mature, but come on lady, have some common sense. If you don't want the kid running by you or climbing on the seat next to you, then don't sit by him. I had been there for a long time and the even the guy in the several hundred dollar suit that was on business calls that sat down by us was really nice and talked to Bradley.

Ok there is my vent.

We are having a really good time in Bakersfield. Bradley had a really rough night, but that is to be expected. He did really really really good on the airplane and has already gotten to meet his new cousin Mia and play with his cousin Derek. They happen to be in town from Idaho, so it is really fun. It is really hot here so we plan on getting in the swimming pool, but I have to get some sun screen first.

3 comments:

Colleen said...

I agree! Some people need lessons when it comes to dealing with kids or people who have kids. I had Jackson in a stroller and was Christmas shopping last year with my aunt and soon-to-be cousin-in-law (?). Of course it was a packed store, it was Christmas time, but I had no choice but to take Jack because Ben had to study. This lady made some snide remark about how she wished people with strollers would stay home or something like that. She said it as she walked past me and she was one of those way overdone, too-much makeup socialite wives or something. I doubt she ever had kids. I thought that was so rude, like what, if you have kids you aren't allowed to do your Christmas shopping or soemthing??!! If you have such a problem with other people then you can do YOUR shopping online, rude lady! Sorry you had a bad experience at the airport.

Lana said...

sorry about your flight. people are very annoying. kids are kids, and even when they are "good" they still wiggle and laugh and make noise. so get over it....or sit somewhere else. too bad she didn't end up in front of you guys ;)

nikko said...

People can be so rude, and so completely oblivious to the world around them.

I always am wishing there were more play places at airports!