Sunday, February 7, 2010

Don't park in front of my house at 2:45 AM or

I will call the police when I see you get out of your car and take your pants off. Yep it happened. I was in bed and heard some voices out side the front of our house. I looked out my bedroom window and saw someone get out of a small SUV that was parked directly in front of my bedroom window, take off their pants, put on shorts and then get back in the car. I watched for a few seconds and then saw a young girl and a boy get out and walk up my driveway and down the side of my house. I called the police and while I was on the phone with the 911 operator I saw something in car light up in the back seat and then light up in the very back of the SUV. When the cops came, in less than 5 minutes, 3 heads popped up from the very back of the SUV. Not one person was in a seat. I am watching all this through my window and everyone gets out of the car and I can tell it is two guys and girl. They all look really young. When the officer pulled them out of the car everyone had their zippers down but no one would say what happened. So the officer couldn't arrest them for anything. So for the next hour or so I watch from my bedroom, I was peaking through the window, as parents were called and questions were asked and curfew tickets are handed out and then they start looking for someone. I assumed it was the guy and girl that walked off. The officers start searching backyards and around the neighborhood. Around 4:30 I see the officer start to come to my door and so I go answer it. They wanted to know if they could search my backyard, I said of course. I asked if they were looking for the girl and guy and he said yes. The girls were only 13 and they guys were all 16 to 17 and had meet on My space. The girls were from our area but they guys were not. The officer had to give directions to one of the guys moms because she had no idea where they were at, it took her a good hour to even get to my street. I stood outside and talked with the officer for probably 30 - 45 min until they girls dad drove up to ask if we had seen her. We both said no and he asked which way they went. About that time he started drive off the young girl came out from between my house and our neighbors house and the officer stoped her and flagged her dad down. The brother was with the dad and while the dad was talking with the girl and the officer the brother asked if he could look for the guy in our backyard and I said sure. I went through my house and heard him hop my fence and start yelling. The brother forced the guy out of the neighbors backyard and walked him to the other officers that had arrived. The brother didn't touch the guy and I told him he showed good restraint and he said if thought if he had touched him he would have hurt him so bad they would have arrested him. The young gal couldn't find her ipod so after the officer was done giving her a curfew ticket her brother asked if he could again look in our backyard. The girl came with him and by that time Alex was up and fussing so I had her in my arms and tried to give her the boys at 3 am only want one thing and this is what you will end up and get no sleep with a new baby and he will hide from you when you have baby like he did the cops speech. She was very nice and so young, I asked how they got back there and she said they hoped our fence into our back yard and then hoped the connecting fence into the neighbors backyard. Both of the girls parents apologized for waking me up and her dad was super pissed. The other young lady that was found in the back of the SUV's mother told the officer that she was taking her in for a rape kit at the hospital. The dad of the other young lady was telling the officer that he also wanted charges pressed if anything had happened. Apparently the girls had snuck out of one the houses and came to meet the boys.
I felt really bad calling the cops in the middle of the night, but once I found out that the girls were 13 and int he 8th grade I didn't feel so bad. The one that was in the backyard looked so young. I really hope they learned their lesson. I couldn't imagine looking for my child for over 2 hours and not knowing where they were.

So today I will be researching how to extend our fence out and make it taller. The officer said that we should look at getting a 8 foot privacy fence. I am not an animal person but a trained German attack dog seems like a good idea right now, you know the kind that only speak german and can rip your arm off and chase down bad guys.

6 comments:

Holly said...

yes to the fence....no to the dog...trust me. That is crazy!!!!!!!!!

Tina said...

Having a 14 yr. old sister-in-law, I'm grateful that you called the police. They are WAY too young to be doing anything like this. That is so crazy!!
I hope you get caught up in your sleep!

Lana said...

awh, that's sad. Kids start that too early. I'm glad you called, hopefully it will make them think twice.

marcia@joyismygoal said...

OH my that is awful I Hate when young girls feel so like they want the attention and then I hate when they are taken advantage of That is soo soo sad And i am soooglad you called

Alison said...

WOW!! you live in an exciting neighborhood. You should put up signs, "Your being watched...DON'T park here!" :0)

Rachel said...

Geez Katy, those girls are lucky you did something whether they realize it or not. What a crazy night!