Thursday, February 4, 2010

A little updating

I am going to start Alex on solid food soon so I pulled out Bradley's old high chair.  I love this high chair but it is blue and white plaid.  The white has actually turned yellow so it's not so cute anymore.  I decided I would make a cover for it.  I looked all around for patterns and couldn't find one that I thought would work, so I decided to make my own.  I am also recovering a chair and ottoman for Alex's room and am making the pattern for that it seems to be working.  By far the cover is not perfect, but it matches our kitchen and I like it.  The high chair has some navy blue plastic pieces on it, but they are really dark so unless you are really close you can't tell.  I found this black and white textured polka dot fabric at Hobby Lobby on clearance for $2 a yard and they had enough that I am able to do the chair and ottoman in Alex's room with it.  I love it, it's really bold.  I don't think Bryan really likes it, but when I asked what he thought I should use he said it was great.

So here are a before and an after picture and a picture of the happy girl who will use it.

4 comments:

The Mid-Cart Parentals said...

Don't you just LOVE Hobby Lobby? I wish California would get it together & open one soon! THE BEST STORE EVER!!! (Nice job, btw!)

ashley marie said...

good job Katy! way to go -- super impressive :)

Colleen said...

Ok, you rock! That is sooo cute! I love that picture of Alex. Sam is one lucky fella - his girlfriend is a cutie!!

You need to come to my house and help me out! I foolishly thought I'd break out the sewing machine and make window treatments and bought the fabric (cough, cough over a year ago, cough, cough). Finally, noticing the dusty fabric on my dresser in my room, I bought some window treatments and a rod. The sad thing is I can't even hang the window treatments I bought!!!!

nikko said...

Cute cute! I have made new cushions for our high chair, too. That vinyl stuff just doesn't last that long.