Thursday, November 20, 2008
3 AM TV
I have never been a really late night person, nor a morning person. I love my sleep and feel I need at least 8 hours to be productive. Bryan thinks I am bluffing but I would prefer more. Last night I couldn't sleep and ended up laying in bed until 3 AM watching TV. The only reason the TV got turned off at 3 AM is there is nothing on. I watched random shows until 3 and then as soon as 3 hit all that came on where infomercials. I promise the same infomercial was on 4 channels. Most where for workout videos which have no draw for me to order because I go to the gym, but I am a sucker for a good coin collection or stamp collection or some other random thing they can push on late night TV. The one positive side is as soon as I have realized I just can't live without the new presidential coin they are pushing, I realize I would have to get up to get my wallet to get my credit card and then I decide that is too much work. So for now, I have yet to purchase anything from an infomercial but the Magic Bullet is so tempting sometimes (nacho cheese in 30 seconds). I also realized why mom didn't let us watch MTV growing up. It is not that positive for young kids. There was a whole hour long show on how high school and college kids are cutting weight. They profiled a college wrestler, which if you have ever known a wrestler weight is a constant battle, and a high school girl who does pageants. The show was really about how fat she and her MOTHER thought she was and how she crash diets before every pageant. They just kept bringing up how she just eats an apple a day or cottage cheese for 1 - 2 weeks and can drop 10 pounds. I don't know what was more disturbing that the network allowed an hour show about this or how the young girls mother supported it. The mom said she didn't support but she kept buying the cottage cheese and didn't get her daughter help. I was just so disgusted that they would show this girl weighing and at one point her mother and her were shocked that she weighed 131 pounds. You could see the disgust on her mother's face. I just couldn't believe it and had to tell someone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I succumbed to the temptation of the Magic Bullet! I really wanted one and Nathan found it at Macy's and got it for me last Christmas. Although I have only used it twice since, those were some pretty quick and awesome smoothies! I know once I have a little more space to maneuver, I will be using it A LOT!
I am yet to get one, but maybe Santa will bring me one this year.
Post a Comment