Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Fabric

This is the fabric that I like. I know there are more samples than I will use, but I like them all and this is what I am going for. I did find some bedding that I really really really like but it is $850.00 for the set, so I am back to making it.




















3 comments:

marcia@joyismygoal said...

I love the reds and yellows and those combos too

ashley marie said...

not to discourage you.... haha, what an opening to my comment. My good friend is an amazing seamstress -- making clothes for her kids and all. She made bedding for her first kid (a girl) and then just bought stuff from PB Kids for her other kid (boy). She said that the PB stuff held up WAY better than the bedding she made, plus it was a big pain in the butt. If you made a quilt, I'm sure that would hold up fine. After talking to her about it, I decided to just buy bedding again for Reese (I was gonna make hers). My friend said that they bumper really didn't look nice for too long after washing it a couple times. Take that advice for what it's worth. If you still take on the challenge, I think that's great!! I think that quilt you like is adorable. I think the satisfaction of making all the bedding would be great. I was just way to worn out to even think about sewing AND decorating a whole room for the new one... when are you due?? Do you know what you are having yet??

K said...

I agree that buying would be easier, but I can't find anything for less than $850.00 that I like enought to buy. I am due Aug 15th and we are having a girl.