Friday, May 2, 2008

72 Hour Kit and Food Storage

So I have been doing some research on the 72 hour kit and on food storage and have wanted to get at least a 72 hour kit started. Well today East of Dallas there where tornado's that touched down and destroyed homes and business. So I decided I was going to do it. Bryan said he would help so we went tonight to Sams and Walmart, with my lists in hand of what my research had compiled and started shopping. Now shopping for me isn't hard, but when we were looking at plastic tarps, pocket knifes, and propane (for the camping stove) I thought I was trying to shop in a foreign company. Nothing seemed to be in english or in a form of english that I could understand. But between the two of us, we figured it out. So here are some pictures of what we got. Our 72 hour kit is complete, besides having personal items. Our food storage is just a little bit, but it's a start.

This is all our stuff that isn't food. I have it in the plastic bag that Bradley's bedding came in.

This is all of our food for our 72 hour kit. This bag even has wheels, so I figured as I add stuff and it gets heavier I will be able to roll it if possible.


Picture 1 of food storage. I have it in our guest bedroom closet. It's a cold dark place.


Picture 2 of food storage. We also have 1 case of water. This is also in the closet with my wedding dress, so in case of a major disaster or a hostile takeover we could waive it at as a white flag.

No comments: