Sunday, May 11, 2008

Our Mothers Day!!!

Our mothers day started out wonderful. We actually had a mothers day weekend. On Saturday we went to Nathan's graduation lunch and had a wonderful time. We went to an amazing Italian restaurant and Bradley was wonderful. I had bought new toys for him to have at lunch and that seemed to work really well. Before the lunch Bradley and Bryan gave me my present which was cash for a new dining room table. Then Sunday came around and we got up and went to church. When we got home from church I was pleasantly surprised that Bryan had snuck home during the 3rd hour of church and completely cleaned the house. It looked amazing!! I was so appreciative and it means the world to me.

After lunch we laid Bradley down for a nap and we took a nap, we woke up to him screaming and Bryan went to get him and then he started yelling for me. When I went in there Bradley was covered in blood and there was blood all over his carpet. Bryan immediately got him in the bathtub and he figured out that his tongue was bleeding. When Bryan asked him what happened he told Bryan that he fell off of his changing table, which is at least 4 feet tall. Then when I asked to see his owie he stuck out his tongue and it split open and wouldn't stop bleeding. So we ended up taking him to the emergency room. We ended up at a hospital that was great. When we first got in there the waiting room was pretty full, but since Bradley was little they took us right back to triage. The nurse told us that they doesn't specialize in children but the hospital next door does. I asked if we needed to go next door, he said no and then asked to see Bradley's tongue. Once he looked at Bradley's tongue he immediately took us to a hallway so he could talk to a doctor to see if we needed to be transferred next door. The doctor gave us two options with treatment. Option 1 was antibiotics and let it heal on it's own. Option 2 was a conscience anesthesia, stitches and antibiotics. I asked the doctor if it was his kid what would he do, and he said the would go with option 1 because the risks with option 2 are really high and the rate of infection with both options where pretty comparable. If it's good enough for a doctors kid, it's good enough for Bradley. So since we had already talked to the doctor they put us right in a room and it didn't take to long. Here are some pictures.

This is of his chin. It isn't cut but it does have a mark.

This is of the cut in his tongue. It's not on the tip, it is actually about half an inch in on his tongue and the doctor said the cut is a centimeter long.
Aunt Kay Kay here is your shout out...

4 comments:

ashley marie said...

oh that is horrible! I've heard that when tongues get cut there is always tons of blood. I hope everything heals well. I didn't know that anyone really used the name Brenlee or Brynnlee... my aunt suggested that name to me last week and I had never heard it before. Do you know any Brynlee's? Just wondering. I'm not wanting to stay with B's, but all the names I'm really liking start with it so we'll see!

Kathy said...

Wow what a Mothers day. I am glad he is ok. That is so awesome, Bryan scored some points!

Cherie said...

Oh Katy that's terrible!! Poor Bradley, I'm glad he's okay but goodness that must've been scary. I really can't wait to see you guys. I can't believe how well Bradley is talking!! We are going to be out there from May 28th to June 16th because we're coming early for Sammy and Jordan's graduations. THe first week in June I'm going to Orange County for a couple days, but other than that I'm in Bako!! And I'm definitely up for Jakes. I've been craving Jakes Cake since I left!!

Lana said...

OW! Poor Baby!