Friday, October 10, 2008

A couple new additions

I decided to add a few new things to our family and no it is not a baby. After the last 2 miscarriages we are going to wait. So I got the bug to build something lately since I don't craft so I built a platform for our bed. Since we moved to this house our bed has just been on a hollywood frame but now we have a platform. It was really funny getting all the wood in the car and I had to drive with it on my shoulder but I got it home and Bradley even helped. It is super high and really funny to look at but now everytime we walk into our bedroom we get a really good laugh and we laugh anytime we go to bed.

This is the bed before the new platform...

This is the building materials...




The building proccess...




This is the finished product...




And...


I got a pilates reformer machine. I am so excited. I love working on this machine, it is totally toning me up. At the gym you have to pay for personal training to use it since you have to have a trainer help you, but since I have been going to session I now know enough to do it on my own and then when I get bored or need new excersis I will go back to the trainer.


3 comments:

Holly said...

I'm so proud of you for taking a risk and trying something new....thats what its all about. I built like ten different things for my bed until I finally made something that was semi decent to look at...Good Job! Just be careful not to fall out, that would be a pretty far drop

Jay said...

Wowser! I am very impressed with your carpenter skills. I bend every nail I hammer. AND it looks great! Good job!

Adrianne said...

Go mama go! You are inspiring!